Our drivers are compassionate, caring, reliable and responsible individuals charged with getting clients with mobility challenges to their destinations safely and on time.
To explore this opportunity further and for additional questions, please contact:
Darlene Ford, Network Manager
DRIVERS - GREATER CHICAGOLAND AREA
Big Star Transit, LLC. has immediate availability for 20 Minivan and Sedan Driver(s) / Operator(s) needed for servicing of more than 135 daily Military Veteran rides in the Chicagoland area.
$1.50 per mile / Guaranteed $25.00 minimum per ride.
- Show up to work in a timely manner
- Take work order from supervisor for client trip
- Drive clients to their destinations on time
- Assist clients as they get into and out of the vehicle
- Report back to the supervisor when clients have been dropped off at their destination
- Report traffic delays en route back to supervisor
- Report any incidents or accidents to the supervisor
- Operate wheelchair lifts as needed
- Adhere to company policies and protocol
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must have previous customer service experience with a good track record assisting customers in a thoughtful, caring and timely manner
- Must possess a valid Illinois Driver's License (for at least 2 years)
- Must have a clean driving record with no points
- Must have a great work history with a track record of being reliable responsible individual
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Know how to keep a level head in a busy environment
- Must be passionate about helping people
- Great communication skills
- A good working knowledge of the metro-Chicagoland area is a plus
- First Aid/CPR certification a plus but not required
The candidate for this position will be a great communicator, enthusiastic about the opportunity and have experience in customer service. Training will be provided.